I just recovered from a fever 2 days ago. Never had a fever before this. None of us (me, ah ma, Daddy and mummy) knew how horrible it can be until that day. I woke up close to midnite on Sun crying. Mummy tried to pat me back to sleep but I kept crying. So she got off her bed and tried to carry me, and felt my head was very hot. Daddy went to get the thermometer to check my temperature. I was having a high fever of 39.1C. Immediately, Daddy and mummy changed to bring me to the hospital. Before we left, I vomitted my last milk feed. When we reached the hospital, my temperature came down to 38.9C. I was immediately attended to by the doctor. Doctor said my fever was due to a gastric flu. The nurse inserted a suppository through my backside to prevent vomitting again. I cried as it was uncomfortable. We went home after collecting medicine. Poor Daddy only slept for 1+ hour that day as I got to take medicine every 4 hours.
Mummy stayed at home on Monday to take care of me with ah ma. My temperature went up and down like roller coaster the whole day. I was cranky and clingy, kept wanting to be carried. I could only take rice water as a start as the nurse told mummy to go slow in the food intake for fear I would vomit again. Without food, I was lethargic but still wanting to go gai gai. To pacify me, ah ma took me out for a short walk on 2nd floor. On the second day I felt better as I slept a lot and with regular intake of medicine. Ah ma cooked my favourite steamed fish to go with plain porridge for lunch and I finished it all. Mummy also started to give me diluted milk in the afternooon. In the evening, ah ma cooked fish porridge which I also hungrily gobbled down. By then, my temperature has stabilised and the fever was gone. The adults concluded that I must be too hungry (practically "fasting" on Monday) as such my body was too weak to fight the virus.
On Wednesday, I was back to my old self, running around and kept asking to go out for more walks.
"Fever go away...never come back again"
May 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I will follow you. Follow you wherever you may go. There isnt an ocean too deep. A mountain so high it can keep me away.


0 comments:
Post a Comment