Recipe for Motherhood:
1 Heart Full of love
1 Head Full of understanding
2 Eyes in the back of your head
3 Heaping cups of patience
1 Gallon of generosity
1 Barrel of laughter
Mix well. Sprinkle with kindness, add plenty of faith.
Heat with sunshine and spread generously over a lifetime for a plate of joy and a cup of warm memories.
How true. Time flies. I'm a mother for 1 year already. Not an easy feat. Think I have more/less adjusted to motherhood but there are times I secretly miss movie days with mean mint, shopping in leisure, enjoying my meals (dont have to gobble my hot food down), watching the full episode of the HK serials without distraction, sleeping longer on weekend mornings, having a clean house without toys/ food stains all over the place and prata suppers in Jalan Kayu. Nevertheless, having Xavier is such an amazing thing. I never knew that I can derive so much satisfaction helping him get his smelly hard poo out. Never felt so sad when he cry and sweat buckets because his hard poo got stuck. So touched when he sat up on his bed, looked at me, smiled and said "ma"; his little hand holding my arm as he dozed off. So proud to see him wave goodbye to me after teaching him a few times. Amused by the cheeky look he gave me when he successfully climb down the big bed the right way I taught him. Melted by his warm daily welcome home screams and smiles when I come back from work. I like the way he rests his head on my shoulder and I can smell his head and ear. Not forgetting the way he laughs. Never fails to make me laugh too.
Happy Birthday Xavier Boy. Mummy loves you always. Looking forward to seeing you achieving more milestones and sharing more precious moments with you. May happiness, good health, luck be with you always...

I will follow you. Follow you wherever you may go. There isnt an ocean too deep. A mountain so high it can keep me away.


2 comments:
Hey, just got to know this little blog today from Qixian. Anyway, why don't link this to Facebook so that more people can read?
It's now up in Facebook! =)
Post a Comment